Based on our innovative R.A.M.P. Mount platform, this Gen II Edition has all the features you need. The X-SKEL Mount offers a lightweight scope mounting solution for your MSR style firearm with the same durable, return to zero reputation that you’ve come to expect from Warne. This mount is CNC precision machined from 6061 aluminum and we’ve been able to reduce the weight by over 30%, compared to our R.A.M.P. Mount by utilizing a skeletonized body and ring caps. The X-SKEL provides an additional inch of forward cantilever, compared to the original SKEL Mount, as well as a 1 piece side clamp design for additional strength. The extra cantilever provides proper eye relief when using scopes with large eye boxes and will give extra space behind the mount for accessories like the Warne A645 45° side mount adaptor.
- Lightweight, skeletonized aluminum body and caps to reduce overall weight without sacrificing reliability.
- #8 Torx style fasteners with steel threaded inserts to prevent stripping.
- Additional 1 Inch cantilever forward design to provide additional eye relief.
- Places your optic at the Ideal Height for MSR and similar platforms.
- Dual 1/2 tactical nut attachment, 65 in/lb. of torque is recommended.
Loosen both nuts on the X-SKEL Mount and install on your Picatinny style rail with the cantilever forward (Warne recommends mounting the X-SKEL with the front cross bolt in the farthest forward slot on AR15 Flat Tops.) Push the X-SKEL Mount towards the muzzle and tighten both hex nuts to 65 in/lb. Remove the four cap screws from each top cap with the supplied T-15 wrench and remove the top caps. Place your scope in the X-SKEL Mount and replace the top caps and screws. Slowly tighten cap screws evenly and leave loose enough to adjust for eye relief. Level the reticle and tighten the cap screws in a crisscross pattern to 25 in/lb.